Faculty Research Interests
- Jonathan Brown - Evolution of Ecological Interactions; Molecular systematics.
- David Campbell - Pathobiology; Ecology of tropical forests, particularly in the Brazilian Amazon, Belize and tropical China.
- Ben DeRidder - Plant Molecular Biology and Biochemistry; Plant responses to environmental stress.
- Vince Eckhart - Plant Ecology and Evolution; Evolution of life history and reproductive systems.
- Leslie Gregg-Jolly - Molecular Biology and Microbial Genetics; DNA repair and recombination in bacteria.
- Shannon Hinsa-Leasure - Microbiology and Environmental Microbiology: characterization of biofilm formation by Psychrobacter
- Kathryn Jacobson - Community Structure and Population Biology; Macro-fungi in Iowa ecosystems and deserts.
- Peter Jacobson - Aquatic Ecology and Conservation Biology; Ecology of desert rivers and riparian ecosystems.
- Deborah Kuzmanovic - Virology; Microbiology; Genetics.
- Clark Lindgren - Neurophysiology; Control of neurotransmitter release at the chemical synapse.
- Vida Praitis - Cell & Molecular Biology
- Elizabeth Queathem - Comparative Physiology; Functional Morphology
- Diane Robertson - Plant Physiology/Development
- Josh Sandquist - Cell and Molecular Biology; The role of the cytoskeleton in various biological processes.
- Chuck Sullivan - Cell Biology and Developmental Biology
- Bruce Voyles - Virology; Biology of the Prokaryotes; Molecular Biology
Student Research Opportunities
OFF-CAMPUS: This list is for off campus opportunities.
International Opportunities and Opportunities for International Students: Internship for International Students (PDF), Prepared by Joo Hyun Im '10 (December 2009).
This PDF document contains two parts:
- Biology Research Internships for International Students in the U.S.
- Biology Research Internships for All Students Interested in Working Outside of the United States (non-REUs)
ON-CAMPUS: - An information session about summer research projects mentored by Biology faculty is typically held for interested Grinnell College students each January.
Summer Internship at CERA
- Grinnell College: Grinnell College Conard Environmental Research Area (CERA)
- OBFS: Organization of Biological Field Stations, an association of over 100 field stations.
- Kansas: University of Kansas Field Station and Ecological Reserves
- Kentucky: Hancock Biological Station on Kentucky Lake
- Michigan: Kellog Biological Station, Michigan State University
- Minnesota: Cedar Creek Natural History Area, University of Minnesota
- Montana: Flathead Lake Biological Station, University of Montana
- New York: Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station, Fordham University
- Oklahoma: University of Oklahoma Biological Field Station, north shore of Lake Texoma
- Costa Rica: La Selva Biological Station in Costa Rica, Organization for Tropical Studies
- top -